At Kindezi, Principals are the most important drivers of students’ academic success and social-emotional development. They are tasked with the vital role of developing a positive school climate through initiatives such as restorative practices, building and sustaining bridges with community stakeholders, and using data and evidence based best practices to drive instructional practices. This is done by utilizing a number of different tools and resources to support success at the student, teacher, and leadership level. To support this goal we are looking for a dynamic, motivated, self reflective school leader to lead our vibrant school community at Kindezi Old Fourth Ward. This position requires an individual with a unrelenting belief in the capabilities of our school’s stakeholders coupled with the practical and theoretical knowledge to implement best practices for teachers and students alike.
Learn more about the principal roles and responsibilities here:
If you are ambitious, determined, and passionate about closing the achievement gap, Kindezi could be a great place for you to take your teaching to the next level.
The Kindezi Schools hires on rolling basis throughout the school year.
Benefits of Teaching at Kindezi
- Average Class Size of 8 Students: We believe knowing our students is the gateway to teaching our students – allowing us to tailor our instruction to each student’s unique academic and socio-emotional needs. We structure our schools to reflect this value, with the smallest class sizes in Metro Atlanta public education.
- Competitive Salaries and Promotion Track: Kindezi teachers have starting salaries comparable to surrounding districts and charters but can significantly outpace these traditional salary scales as they work towards teaching mastery. Within 5 years, top Kindezi teachers can earn between $60-$70K and over $100K within 10 years, a figure that would take over 30 years to achieve in more traditional settings. For more on this, please see our Promotions page.
- Professional Support: We believe the best professional development is differentiated to each teacher’s individual strengths and needs. All Kindezi teachers are trained in Kindezi’s Teacher Rubric and receive observations and feedback weekly to support their mastery of core teaching skills.
- Positive Staff Culture: We operate as a family at Kindezi and approach our work each day with a supportive, collaborative, community-based approach. We think knowing each other’s quirks, families, and dogs is part of what makes our staff, students, administration, support staff, and parents work together as a high-impact community.
- Competitive Benefits Package: Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, paid time off, health, vision, and dental benefits, employer paid life insurance, and short and long term disability.
The Application Process
- 2018-19 Special Education Teacher
- 2018-19 Substitute Teachers
- 2018-19 Kindezi West Drama Teacher
- Kindezi CARE After School Position
- Special Education Paraprofessional (Kindezi at Gideons)
- 2018-19 Teacher
- 2018-19 Middle Grades ELA and Social Studies Teacher (4th to 8th grades)
- 2018-19 Gideons Elementary Behavior Aide (Paraprofessional)
- 2019-20 Kindezi Old Fourth Ward Principal